Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Cheap Dirty Trick

"I can turn this one-dollar bill into a one-hundred-dollar bill," the magician told the homeless man he approached on the street, dangling the bill in the air in front of him.

"I don't believe you," the homeless man said skeptically.

The magician stretched the bill with both hands, blew it, and the bill instantly turned into a crisp one-hundred-dollar bill before it inexplicably vanished into thin air. "Guess the magic made it disappear!"

Feeling taunted, the homeless man took a deep flustered breath and said, "Yeah, well I can make any man look like a donkey."

"I don't believe you," the magician said, before a knee to the groin forced him to drop to his knees, the loud wail out of his mouth bearing an uncanny resemblance to the animal.

This story is linked with Six Sentence Stories where word prompt of the week is "TRICK"


3 comments:

  1. Ooh! That will surely teach the magician to be less crafty with his slight of hand! I've known a few "donkeys' that I might have liked to humble a bit in life! Great story, and I'm so pleased to see you joining us for 6SS this round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Josie! Always good to hear from you and hope you had a great start to the New Year.

      I have another one lined up for the the prompt, "Amazing." You'll see.

      Thanks again. =D

      Delete
  2. I like that. The knee made more sense than the 'magic' con.

    ReplyDelete