Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

VisDare #6: Emerging

This is a sequel to Maddy's Mystic World, which was written for Angela Goff's Visual Dare Challenge # 32: Disobey. You can read the first part HERE and follow the "Continue" link below the story to get back to this page.

This week's Visdare word prompt is "Emerging" with the  photo prompt below.


Maddy's Mystic World #2
The Talking Tree

There were occasional twisters that swept through the terrain enclosed by ambient frosted glass. Maddy had already learned that by chasing after them--rather than trying to outrun them--they would take her into another dimension, before time would eventually reel her back to her own prison.

She could be anyone she wanted to be, but choosing the place was still beyond her control. This time, she chose to be her rebellious older sister, Regina.

Stepping off the portal portrait, Maddy saw lush trees ahead that were abundantly filled with berries. She ran eagerly toward one of them and plucked a few to quell her growing hunger.

"Excuse me, but do you see me go around, plucking the hair out of people's heads?"

Maddy shrieked and stumbled back, spotting the face on the bark. "I'm sorry," she said. "I'm just trying to get back home...can you help me?"

150 Words
Continue Reading -->>>  Maddy's Mystic World #3: Unlocking Dimensions

6 comments:

  1. An interesting response to both the prompt and your original piece! I hope she can find help at some point...lost within her snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I have trying to do a sequel to the stories that have gotten good responses in the past. Glad you like and thanks for the follow! =)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Definatly a story I would like to read more of..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well all I need is at least one new reader who is eager to read more to have another follow up in the works. Thanks for the comment! =)

      Delete
  3. Ooohhhh! I remember Maddy and the wickedly magical snowglobe!! I love the direction in which you've taken this. Wonderful work! When do we see more?? :D

    ReplyDelete